Winners of Talent Search
- Click Here
Be A Star – Or Support A Star !!!
Sign up yourself, child, grandchild, neighbor - everyone wins!
Your entry with a donation of $100 benefits Santa Barbara City College
All performers win a digital copy of performance,
many will be aired on local TV, many will
receive referrals to agents or mentors, and the Grand Prize is all of the
above and $500!
Open to first 100 entries, so if you plan to enter
RSVP now to
The Talent Search
can work in many ways:
- performers can enter (everyone wins DVD of performance
& chance for more)
- parents and friends can sponsor a contestant (as a gift)
- businesses can sponsor a contestant (sponsorship credit on TV)
- performing organizations can sponsor a contestant (great PR for what you
- people/businesses/board members/angels - can donate a "ticket" to the
school or performing organization of their choice - so the
school/organization can feature a contestant
The performer will be listed along with YOUR name
on the DVD program and you will be credited on the TV program.
You will be invited to the private auditions too!
YOUR name will be announced as part of the introduction on TV
i.e. "Jane Smith sponsored by ____" or "currently performing with _____ "
Winners of 1st and 2nd Place will appear on The Santa Barbara Channels,
Channel 17 or Channel 21, supporting local culture and arts by broadcasting
at least one hour of performances.
Click here to become a Sponsor:
Donations Thank you!!!
Panel of Judges include:
Music/Vocal: Dr. Mary Collier, Mark DeAnda, Marilyn Gilbert, Hedda
Moneycuts, David Potter, Nathan Rundlett, Bob Scott, Jack Ullom Dance:
David Alvarez, Robert Boyd, Steven Lovelace, Susan Manchak, Julie McLeod,
Denice Rinaldi, Diana Vandervoort Theatrical: Janet Adderley, Barbie
Burgess, Rich Hoag, Arlene and Milt Larsen, Sara Miller McCune, Ronnie
Mellen, Joyce Shaar, Dr. Larry Williams
The John E. Profant Foundation For The Arts is producing
Talent Search to reach a broad range of students
in the Film, Theater, Art and Music Departments
Our mission as a non-profit 501c3 organization is to assist artists of all
ages through scholarships, exhibits and performances. We truly appreciate
your support as a sponsor, performer or volunteer!
The award will be named in memory of Bob Profant.
"We are delighted that the John E. Profant Foundation for
has made our students the beneficiaries of its upcoming Talent Search
fundraiser. John's brother, Robert Profant, was a faculty member at
SBCC for nearly four decades and a major contributor in molding the
college into the highly regarded institution and community that it is
today. The collaboration between the Profant Foundation and SBCC carries
on the legacy of these two inspirational men who cared deeply about
students and the arts. The scholarships provided by the Talent Search
proceeds will make a big difference to students who might not otherwise
be able to pursue their dreams of studying in the fields of music, film,
theatre, and the visual arts."
John Romo, President, Santa Barbara City College
”The following will help you better understand what we are looking for
and expect from you as well as letting you know about areas you should avoid
for obvious reasons.
Let's all have a great time and your participation and talent will make this
an event no one will forget!”
Joyce Shaar, Event Chair
Please check www.profant.org weekly for any updates and scheduling details!
1) Anyone 5 - 105 is eligible. No residency requirements.
Professionals and amateurs welcome.
2) Acts will be allotted no more than Three (3) MINUTES to perform. Acts
will be timed and any group going over three minutes will be requested
to complete their act immediately.
3) Participants may perform more than once during the show.
4) Each individual act must complete a separate application.
5) NO profanity or vulgar lyrics in any vocal performance or dance
music. This is a family show!!! NO alcohol, tobacco, or drug
advertisements are to be shown on any clothing. NO pyrotechnics, open
flames or any other dangerous additions. Appearance on recorded media is
subject to the judges discretion.
6) Sound Technician and microphone(s) will be provided.
7) Contestants using recorded music for their performance: must bring
their own equipment. Prepare only the selection to be performed and have
the selection ready to play. Homemade recordings must be tested to play
on any standard CD/Tape player. You must provide your own CD music,
taped music, instruments, props, etc., if needed.
8) A CD player, electronic keyboard, acoustical piano and mics are the
only equipment furnished.
9) Contestants must be checked in, ready to perform, ½ hour before their
10) There will be a setup time limit of two minutes.
11) When using recorded accompaniment, no like talent is allowed on the
recording. i.e. Vocal, tap dancing, any like instrument, etc.
12) The Judges' decisions will be final. The scoring is based on Ability, Appearance/Presentation, and Audience Appeal.
13) If there are an abundance of entries for this talent show, then the
organizing committee will use this criteria to approve performing acts:
a) Multiple entries from one team may be declined, b) Uniqueness and
creativity will be given priority, c) Random selection
Rules are subject to change at the sole discretion of the Talent Show
organizers. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING TALENT SHOW PLEASE CONTACT
Click here for the
Talent Show Entry Form